TRAID-IN Equipment Exchange Program
The TRAID-In Equipment Exchange Program “matches” or connects people who have assistive devices they no longer need with people with disabilities who could use those devices. The program is available to New York State residents only, and is free of charge. Anyone who wishes to participate in the program must first complete an application form. There are two forms – one for sellers/donators and one for requesters.
To participate in the program, please submit the appropriate form. After you submit an application, agency staff will attempt to “match” you with a participant who either needs your device or who has the device you need. Once matched, staff will contact you, and you will have one month to negotiate an arrangement. This will include working out how the item will be transferred from one party to the other. The seller/donator is responsible for letting our agency staff know whether the match was successful or not. If you have questions or need additional information please call us at 1-800-624-4143 or TTY: Dial 7-1-1 for the NYS Relay and give the operator 1-800-624-4143.
Please keep in mind the following:
- Shipping is your responsibility as a buyer or seller. We do not make shipping arrangements or pay shipping costs.
- Sellers should be realistic in setting a price. If your item is priced too high it may not sell.
- Provide as much information as you can when describing your item.
- All persons who indicate an interest in an item listed for sale or donation will be notified.
- Once matched, sellers/donators and requesters have 30 days to complete a transaction.
- Sellers/donators are responsible for notifying the Justice Center of the outcome of the match. Items are removed from the TRAID-In list if we do not hear from a seller/donator within 90 days.
- Unmatched items remain on the list for one year, after which time they will be removed.
- A separate application must be submitted for each item.
- There is no limit to the number of items you can request or sell/donate
- If you obtain/sell/donate an item before the program can match you, please notify the Justice Center immediately.
The TRAID-In Equipment Exchange Program should not be your only source to sell/donate or obtain an item.
Click for a LISTING of available items
Click to SELL or DONATE an item
Click to REQUEST an item
Questions? Call 1-800-624-4143 (Voice/TTY/Spanish)