The Adirondack Regional Technology Center at SUNY Plattsburgh provides assistive technology resources in the North Country. Services seek to enable persons with physical and/or cognitive disabilities to choose, acquire, and use appropriate assistive technology that advances their individual interests and independent functioning.
What TRAID Does
Regional TRAID Centers provide:
- Device loans for people to try at home, school, work, and in their communities.
- Demonstrations to compare different devices.
- Trainings for professionals and others.
- Information and referrals.
- Device donations, reutilization, and repair.
- Public awareness at tabling events, conferences, etc.
An individual was able to borrow items for use after hip replacement surgery, so she did not have to purchase all the items. Because the woman would not need all of the items for a long time, borrowing them was a better option than paying.
A woman was in need of a lift chair as she is becoming weaker and her could no longer help her as much by lifting her. She could not have afforded a lift chair without the TRAID program.