AIM's TRAID Center operates to demonstrate devices, coordinate local technology information and referral, implement outreach, public awareness, education and training programs, promote local advocacy; operate an early intervention assistive technology loan library, and maintain loan closets. AIM currently maintains two loan closets.
What TRAID Does
Regional TRAID Centers provide:
- Device loans for people to try at home, school, work, and in their communities.
- Demonstrations to compare different devices.
- Trainings for professionals and others.
- Information and referrals.
- Device donations, reutilization, and repair.
- Public awareness at tabling events, conferences, etc.
A family member called the program and needed a wheelchair for her mother in law. One was available, and she was very happy that she could pick it up same day.