The Center for Assistive Technology in Buffalo serves individuals in Western New York with borrowing and utilizing assistive technology. The Center has a terrific example of smart home technology. Activities integrate multiple disciplines and span economic sectors to improve the quality of life for persons with any level of impairment, across all ages, and within any environment.
What TRAID Does
Regional TRAID Centers provide:
- Device loans for people to try at home, school, work, and in their communities.
- Demonstrations to compare different devices.
- Trainings for professionals and others.
- Information and referrals.
- Device donations, reutilization, and repair.
- Public awareness at tabling events, conferences, etc.