The Regional Center for Independent Living provides people in the Rochester area with assistive technology through loans, demonstrations, training, and referrals among other services. RCIL is often able to provide non-assistive technology items such as donated furniture and other household supplies to people who need them as well.
What TRAID Does
Regional TRAID Centers provide:
- Device loans for people to try at home, school, work, and in their communities.
- Demonstrations to compare different devices.
- Trainings for professionals and others.
- Information and referrals.
- Device donations, reutilization, and repair.
- Public awareness at tabling events, conferences, etc.