Cerebral Palsy of Ulster County identifies assistive technology equipment or resources that best suits an individual’s needs from their extensive inventory that will best help an individual reach their goals. Each person can loan up to three pieces of assistive technology for two months at a time. CP Ulster also coordinates local technology information and referral services.
What TRAID Does
Regional TRAID Centers provide:
- Device loans for people to try at home, school, work, and in their communities.
- Demonstrations to compare different devices.
- Trainings for professionals and others.
- Information and referrals.
- Device donations, reutilization, and repair.
- Public awareness at tabling events, conferences, etc.
A staff contacted TRAID regarding a person with whom she works. She indicated his transport chair had broken beyond repair and he was waiting for his new one to be ordered. He is able to use a walker but has been struggling with this and prefers to use a chair, especially in the winter. He visited the TRAID center and was so pleased he was able to borrow a chair that was a good fit.
Contact Wraparound Services of the Hudson Valley
Contact Kasey Thomas for assistance.
Visit the Wraparound Services of the Hudson Valley site for program details.