The Southern Adirondack Independent Living Center provides assistive technology loans, demonstrations, trainings, and referrals for services related to New Yorkers in the Capital District. In addition to its extensive loan closet, SAIL has an adaptive kitchen set up for people to try different appliances to see what will work best for them.
What TRAID Does
Regional TRAID Centers provide:
- Device loans for people to try at home, school, work, and in their communities.
- Demonstrations to compare different devices.
- Trainings for professionals and others.
- Information and referrals.
- Device donations, reutilization, and repair.
- Public awareness at tabling events, conferences, etc.