The Southern Tier Independent Living Center (STIC) operates the Revolving Door Loan Closet, which provides equipment to people with disabilities. STIC has a sensory room on site which utilizes a variety of assistive technology. STIC also operates Xscapes rooms several nights a month for community members.
A list of available assistive technology items is available at https://stic-cil.org/index.php/traid/.
What TRAID Does
Regional TRAID Centers provide:
- Device loans for people to try at home, school, work, and in their communities.
- Demonstrations to compare different devices.
- Trainings for professionals and others.
- Information and referrals.
- Device donations, reutilization, and repair.
- Public awareness at tabling events, conferences, etc.