The TRAID center at Upstate Cerebral Palsy provides services related to assistive technology including loans, demonstrations, and referrals for funding and other resources. Their extensive library of over 3,000 devices provides innumerable options for individuals to borrow and try.
Visit the equipment library at www.upstatecp.org/lending-and-loan-equipment-library
What TRAID Does
Regional TRAID Centers provide:
- Device loans for people to try at home, school, work, and in their communities.
- Demonstrations to compare different devices.
- Trainings for professionals and others.
- Information and referrals.
- Device donations, reutilization, and repair.
- Public awareness at tabling events, conferences, etc.
An occupational therapist came into TRAID looking for some heel protectors to help her elderly bed-bound patient who was having trouble with heel sores, and although the RTC did not have any at the time, they did have foot elevators. As the OT talked more about her patient, she mentioned that the patient was getting injured when he kicked the side rails of the hospital bed. The staff suggested some bed rail cushions to put on the railings near his feet. The OT was very happy that TRAID had the items that her patient needed.
Contact Upstate Cerebral Palsy
Visit the Upstate Cerebral Palsy website for program details.